Terms and Conditions
Copyright/Permission to Reproduce
Materials on this website have been produced and/or compiled by Environment Canada for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the programs and services offered by the Government of Canada (GoC).
Much of the material on this site is covered by the Copyright Act , by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and by international agreements. Such copyright serves to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Information on this website has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal or public non-commercial use and may be reproduced, in part or in whole, and by any means, without charge or further permission, unless otherwise specified.
Users are required to:
- Exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- Indicate both the complete title of the materials reproduced, as well as the author organization; and
- Indicate that the reproduction is a copy of an official work that is published by the Government of Canada and that the reproduction has not been produced in affiliation with or with the endorsement of the Government of Canada.
Unless otherwise specified, this authorization is also applicable to all published information regardless of its format.
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited except with written permission from the GoC copyright administrator, Public Works and Government Services Canada. Through the permission granting process, Public Works and Government Services Canada helps ensure individuals/organizations wishing to reproduce GoC materials for commercial purposes have access to the most accurate, up-to-date versions. To obtain permission to reproduce materials on this site for commercial purposes, please contact:
Public Works and Government Services Canada Publishing and
350 Albert Street, 4 thFloor
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on GoC websites are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. This is particularly true of sites that are jointly operated by a GoC institution and an external organization, as part of a collaborative agreement. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply; it may be necessary to seek permission from the author or copyright holder prior to reproduction. To obtain information concerning copyright ownership and restrictions on reproduction on this site, please contact:
Minister of the Environment
- The GoC does not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, e-mail or street address during your visit to its websites. This information is only obtained if you supply it voluntarily, usually through contacting us via e-mail, or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- All personal information you do provide is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that, at the point of collection, you will be informed that your personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected and that you have a right of access to the information.
- Environment Canada (EC) occasionally uses "cookies" to track how our visitors use this site or to determine sites previously visited. The cookies we use do not allow us to identify individuals. They are compiled into statistical information on traffic patterns and are used to assess site efficiency. The system will notify you before any cookies are used so that you may refuse them, and the refusal of cookies will not affect the site performance or restrict your ability to access information from this site. (A "cookie" is a file that may be placed on your hard drive without your knowledge by a web site to allow it to monitor your use of the site.)
- By keeping this data, EC's website administrators can fine-tune the sites based on user-activity trends.
- Environment Canada is a participant in the GoC Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), which gives you the opportunity to communicate with the Department in a confidential manner.
- Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Actin Environment Canada may be directed to Shelley Emmerson, Chief, Access to Information and Privacy by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by calling 819-997-4552. If you are not satisfied that we have adequately respected your privacy, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner by calling 1-800-267-0441 or via the Internet at www.privcom.gc.ca.
Environment Canada respects the Official Languages Actand relevant Treasury Board policies, and is committed to ensuring all information on this site is available in both French and English. However, users should be aware that some information from external sources is available only in the language in which it was provided.
Hyperlinking from Environment Canada Internet Site
Links to websites not under the control of Environment Canada are provided solely for the convenience of users. Environment Canada is not responsible for the accuracy, currency or the reliability of the content of those websites. Environment Canada does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through these links, nor does it endorse the sites and their content.
Users should be aware that information offered by non-Government of Canada websites that are not subject to the Official Languages Actand to which Environment Canada links, might be available only in the language(s) used by the websites in question.